Our Forum Our Say
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Our Forum Our Say

THIS IS THE PLACE FOR BANNED USERS TO KP WITHOUT FEARING THE WAND OF INFRACTION.

You are not connected. Please login or register

WinterChill 2009: Postponed Till Further Notice. Collect You Refund At CyberDome.

+3
-MyWishIsToDie-
Affinity-.
Virtue
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Virtue

From http://www.dotasg.com/forums/showthread.php?p=87976#post87976

In the midst of the commotions that have happened to DotaSG recently, although doing some self defending and flame fighting, WinterChill has always been our main concern. Even while dealing for those who seek blood without even looking at the big picture and how it would affect the community. Most importantly how it will affect on the upcoming event. Work is still done every single minute left to best effort to ensure WinterChill can pull through. But all these efforts fighting hard to keep it alive was utterly destroyed, nothing more can be done to save it no matter how hard I tried. It’s over for now. If the ones who instigated the commotions in here think you have victory, well you have your victory. The ones who suffer heavily the wake of this commotions create by the instigators are in fact someone from the community, the very gamers that they claimed to be championing for.

If you want to know why these concerns arises and what had elevated it, please proceed to hunt for source and check out what those instigators has done and is still doing to cause damage every second, every minute. Behind closed door, on a “fan” site they created for me and a new forum they created. I will not link it for their convenience. I do not mind having coins thrown at me but it is a duty also to protect and respect sponsor's concern.

After talking to our sponsor, it was mutual that the event will not be able to carry out as planned due to smooth operation, venue order and safety concerns. Final attempt to save it was quickly carried out to check to see if there is possibility of another suitable venue as replacement, but comes with a cost attached that we cannot afford. Even if we do not earn a single penny, have to make a heavy loss. These are the best venues with very conducive environment for WinterChill, there were left with no other options in sigh. Also with so much undone, there is no time left.

The impact of such actions extends beyond down deep into the community and those watching what these instigators have been doing. This is how damaging those actions have caused. It also further proves their mentality and their ability are in question when handling what they claimed to champion for. That is why they are being banned from DotaSG starting from the point when enough is enough. Agreed it was pretty hash but it was not uncalled for. Be it those who slammed, accused or insulted DotaSG's intergrity or my character. Those that helped voluntarily, given directions or merely falling to peer pressure by those already banned to post or to paste content of flame fanning nature are also as guilty of mischieve and banned. Lastly, those with extremely childish post by ones initiatly thought to be sensible but was again proven they are just typical gamers who like to create trouble. All these are dealt with by me.

There are many people who are watching us from different walk of life and from within the gaming industry, some of them already have bad impression of gamers in general and are always disgust by gamers who ganged up. You further prove that their fears are correct. With your senseless crusade, damages done are irreversible.

WinterChill is officially postponed until further notice. All teams please do collect your refund from CyberDome from tomorrow, Saturday onwards. They will be opened 24 hours daily. Just bring along your receipt, those that lost your receipt has to be there personally to collect. Those with receipt with you can pass it to another person and ask him/her to collect the refund on your behalf.

PaPa from DotaSG would sincerely apologise to all the confirmed teams and those in the waiting list for the trouble we have brought you. Those that still holding on to the vouchers from previous events can still use them for future events. If you are unsure of will there be future events, then please PM me and we will work out what we can do for you about your prize vouchers.

Now the saddest announcement has been made, it will be time to reflect what has happened and had lead to all these.
First, what was started as a very simple gesture of goodwill to bring a new component in the form of a preliminary to extend chances to those who are in the waiting list.

This was the accusation of unfairness and unprofessionalism. We wer accuse of rigging the signup slot allocation or priority with KS and Sweety. This was later proven wrong and then the next accusation surface about it as an act to scam money by the instigators and further accusation of favouring particular teams . And later follow on by one new accusation after another.

If you take a closer look at this group of users who initiated the commotions, many of them are not involve in the main event themselves. And important things to note, most of them came with hate or grudge towards KS, DreamChazer and KS. People who carry hates and grudge, how would you expect their judgement and analysis of the situation to be fair? And then many of them have got their argument point wrong, when proven wrong they switch direction to use another argument point to continue to champion for their claimed justice. They just want to see blood without any room for reasoning and discussion.

Let’s look now at the things they accusing us of. If there were any undertable dealings, then DotaSG could have not announced it and make it a closed door event, I could have use the clause stated in the registration or rules that give us rights to make the final decision. But if you notice throughout the event I refused to use it as my argument even at the advice of some onlooker suggested me to do so. It’s just not my style. But you will ask, why ban those people and ban them from the event? Wait and I get back to it later. So back to what we are talking about, like I say I did make sure everyone are fine with the arrangement personally and then made an announcement. Waiting list teams were called, briefed about needing to pay, have to play only and who released it. On top of that, were given the choice to not participate at all and get their refund and given time to discuss with teammate before getting back to me again. Those teams agreed did not voice out any concern at all. NONE. So while I was fighting off these accusations, a couple of waiting list teams which initially agreed to it voiced their concern from what they posted. I immediately call the teams again before they further misunderstanding. They said they understand and again reassure me they would want to be part of it. Those that do not want to be part of it pulled out. Again I was hit another time by those assuring they want to be part of it. If you want to join, then why you are still not satisfy? There is no way, no way, a team given a second chance to not has to pay a price to play if you want it so much. And in first place why was it not brought up, if you have done that you would have help us to prevent all these misunderstanding and damages that lead by it. Instead of helping you all help to give those instigators a bigger weapon to hurt us. Do you all understand, you helped them hurt us.

Actually, I found out another misunderstanding is the fact that many assumed that KS and Sweety initially did not get the slot. They thought they were the added teams into the 32 decided team. Due to undertable dealing they got into WinterChill as extra teams. This shows that they did not read the announcement properly. Again, they did not get their fact right to support their argument at all. Pointing out another part about Dreamz, a waiting list team further accusing us that they are sure that they were before KS. The fact is KS paid earlier than Dreamz. Dreamz paid extremely late on the payment slot and also registering extremely late. They are lucky there were offered a slot in the waiting list because some who registered early did not pay and they are still not grateful. KS and Sweety got it fair and square, and because during the last few moment when before the call to cut off for those who booked a slot, they understand the anxiety of being temporary in the waiting list thus I guess that’s why they are willing to give it up.

So next accusation to look at is about scamming of money, I have done so many event in the past for all of you, if you notice the prizes are given from 1st to the 8th. Although some are vouchers, but these convert to money when they claimed their voucher. And did you all every think about how come there are cash award for “Best Newcomer(s)” or “Best Improved” teams. These are the small things which

So with their demand, but with their action which is actually being unfair to DotaSG already, how do you expected me to further give in to their demand to explain one things after another that was brought up. Especially, coming to money and how we deal with them, we are a never a non profit entity. Doing things for the community as I always as genuine and true but does not means we are not going to make profit. Come one, let be fair here, would anyone of you like to do what I do for free? We never trumpet ourselves as a non profit company which again we were accused of.

In DotaSG, our events and activities provided, everything needs money to run and execute for a reason. If there is a sponsor or partner, then we will provide more attractive events like ShowDown series if anyone remembers. However, in hard times and under tight budget we still match up or throw in surprised for you all like the awards. If there is a need to reveal everything then what would be the fun? Or event will be no different from some other standard event. In DotaSG you noticed our event are most of the time different with things added in like the ProPowerPlay that why we need everyone’s cooperation to follow some of the registration instruction. It’s actually part of a plan to help local DotA becomes a little more interesting and add more sense of professionalism in it.

Again this ProPowerPlay was use by those who accuse us of using it to justify for work and cost. And further saying it was not needed, no useful and not asked for without giving it a chance to pick up pace. It has only been two event that had used this system, and actually it will get more exciting with WinterChill. Just have to trust us. You all have trust us for so many events already, what makes it so hard to continue to do so. Is it peer pressure, or maybe more fun to fight for something in numbers?

The funniest thing is that these people went as far back as the previous events saying why KS was rigged to be far from one another but in fact there are drawing videos to prove. But they went on next to speculate that the videos are fakes. So it’s clear from that point that no explanation is going to satisfy their thirst for blood. With more following blindly and going against DotaSG daily. Again, I will like to stress, you hurt DotaSG in a way, but the damaged you have done to the community is further plenty fold to what you have done to DotaSG. Many teams will be disappointed, many who are looking at it as last event before they go army will be disappointed, those who are looking to debut their team will be disappointed.

Finally, I will talked about my mod. I know he had certain personal difference with you all, but those are all private. Don’t you all also had create personal difference with someone before. And looking at this situation he was protecting the interest of DotaSG that’s why infractions (not ban) were issued to Soloz- which was the first to be banned by our auto banning system when someone collect 8 or more infractions point. These infractions were justifiable looking at why he use it on

So I guess you all must be very happy with your Victory. You this challenge which you all have put up going to make a better change. When you make an organiser lost faith and lose its respect with your senseless revolution there is not point anymore for the organiser to do anything usually. Again do you think that will benefit the community.

Lastly before I end it, I would like to point out the so call appointed instigators leader was an ex crew by the name of Soloz- who holds grudge against me together with some of his friends and those he influenced which was is very obvious. I utterly regret having him as a crew thus have clear off his contributions as we do not want to have any associations with him. With his actions and the damage he and his group had done, all credits have been wipe off by his over own hands. DotaSG will take it that we do not have such a crew with us before

But this is not the end of things and DotaSG; We are not closing the door to settle the commotion peacefully. Those banned can also be given a chance and be unbanned with condition that they will never do anything that damage DotaSG and the community again. If they refuse to apologise to DotaSG (most probably), but they have to be able to wake up and apologise then try to make up the damage done to the community. End of the day we need to build back what we have destroy and not furthering it death.

As for those who still are not satisfy with my explanation and actions. Like I say, if you are looking for blood you will never be able to agree with me. I am prepared for other rounds of the remaining one who are ready to pounce on us. If DotaSG or I have to go down in history as the bad guy, then there is no regret.

My stand is firm and DotaSG and what we are always with the best intention to improve the current situation of the gaming scene here and with community interest in our mind. At the same time we will need to protect our interest and integrity for the sake of DotaSG and our community.

I know the above might be jarring, but it's time to say this is the way how things are, these are the facts and this is my final take on the whole incident.

From now on, it's not my call. It's yours. To contine on destorying or to help us rebuild?

Virtue

his running away

Affinity-.

Footman

he scared

-MyWishIsToDie-

damn pissed man, train so hard den postponed zz

Affinity-.

Footman

yea true spam

dArrenoloGy-

Knight

papa scared limyang pwn him

http://www.d-a-r-r-e-nn.blogspot.com

dRaGoN

Peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamezz View Post
papa, i do believe yr point are quite valid, and solo and other already apologise for that, but what about you, you really think that they create trouble just for the fun of it????? it take 2 hand to clap, what the reason you won apologise? because yr god image to us will be downgrade to normal human?maybe u can see from their point of view as well if possible
Apologies need to be sincere. With no string attached, no like "hey I am sorry so how about you"?

That is not a sincere apology at all in my point of view. What is needed is the solutions and actions to help deal with the damaged and show how they are really remorse over what they have done.

Yeah it takes two hand to clap.

But it takes one hand to slap someone in the face.

Well, I did did not clap with them, they clap among themselves.

I extended a helping hand and received a slap.

This is going to go on and on, let me point out again once and for all for those who still are standing on their side.

Take a close look of what they did if their intentions is not of chaos and damage. Then why would someone want to think of way to remove me from my own server, my own website?

You simply do not solve problem with chaos and trouble making. You solve problem with, yes, solutions.

This clearly indicate two things, the mentality level and the intention to cause damage.

I rest my case on this.

i assume from wad i see lah...
it takes 2 hands to clap (both parties made mistakes)

I extended a helping hand and received a slap. (i add 6 more slots to make it more fun but tio negative remarks and criticism)

Apologies need to be sincere. With no string attached, no like "hey I am sorry so how about you"? (you slap me so hard lei you want me believe you are sincere?oh well from a neutral point of view i can really say how papa see that as insincere really no link =p)

This is going to go on and on, let me point out again once and for all for those who still are standing on their side.

Take a close look of what they did if their intentions is not of chaos and damage. Then why would someone want to think of way to remove me from my own server, my own website? (this 1 is comment , we only want him apologise those say want kick him out only say for fun , you can't take every1 in life so seriously right?example is this 1...you disturb me play majong so i ban you (: )

You simply do not solve problem with chaos and trouble making. You solve problem with, yes, solutions. (Comment : he still saying no1 give solution omg ._. -1)

This clearly indicate two things, the mentality level and the intention to cause damage. (Those people at the blog mentality level cmi and they want to destroy my website)

haha pardon my imba english i 16.5 this year only Smile

dArrenoloGy-

Knight

LOL BOBBY ACT YOUNG WTF.
16.5 my ass

dRaGoN

Peon

i really 16.5 lor believe it or not =.= btw wad bobby? ._.

dArrenoloGy-

Knight

OH
I SAW THE POST ORIGINALLY QUOTED BY FLAMEZZ
DEN I TOT IS HE POST ONE
HAHA
PS LK ;P

dRaGoN

Peon

chey lol [SPAM]

dArrenoloGy-

Knight

SPAM

Affinity-.

Footman

darren shld stop spamming

dArrenoloGy-

Knight

eugene shld stop spamming

-eDwIn

Peon

LoL funny like cock sia thomas

dArrenoloGy-

Knight

edwin spammin siol ;p

Zyinc

Peon

HAHHAHAAHA later papa charge them 10% service charge for the refund. awesome.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum